GOAL: To connect the need and our responsibility for the physical, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual poverty of our parishioners and the whole world.
Social Justice Committee (PASTORATE PROGRAM)
Contact for the Pastorate is: (some programs have different contacts that are listed below)
Deacon Bill Biver
Social Justice Committee:
- Educates parishioners to care for the needs of the universal Church and the world.
- Studies papal encyclicals and bishops statements on peace and justice.
- Coordinates Service Programs, Mission Projects, food and clothing drives.
- Informs people of resources available: Catholic Charities and the Rural Life Conference.
- Supports the dignity and rights of each person from conception to natural death.
- Promotes social justice through direct service and advocacy.
This committee also identifies those in need in our parish, and recommends recipients for the loose coin collection and parish tithing programs.
Each week envelopes in the pews provide a way to respond to local, national, and international needs. This includes our Parishioner Crisis Fund.
RON & MARGE LARSON BLUE BAG PROGRAM
HOSPITALITY FOOD DRIVE SUNDAY
ST. PAT'S MEALS
DUBUQUE RESCUE MISSION
ST. VINCENT DE PAUL
OUR LADY OF THE SIOUX
CIRCLE OF HEALING PRAYER BLANKETS
PASTORATE SOCIAL JUSTICE PAGE